How to test the 160 kw air compressor compression efficiency？
In order to accurately obtain the data of the efficiency of the 160 kw air compressor, in the detection, it is necessary to simultaneously obtain the gas production amount (intake amount) when the air compressor is running, expressed by CFM or M3, and the electric power of the air compressor, in KW. Or HP said.
In the measurement of the gas production of the air compressor. It is recommended to use an orifice flow meter, which is installed at the outlet of the compressed air during the measurement. And the data obtained by the test is generally within 5%. In addition to the gas production (intake amount) measurement, for the measurement of the electricity consumption, a power quality analyzer can be used to calculate the operating power of the air compressor.
In this case, it must be emphasized that the power quality analyzer preferably has a power factor measurement function so that the correct operating power can be calculated. For the efficiency test of air compressors.
The operation steps of measuring the efficiency of an air compressor using an orifice flow meter
- Detailed inspection and recording of various data, compressed air pressure level. Cooling water inlet and outlet water temperature, water pressure and other data.
- Select the size of the orifice plate flowmeter according to the size of the pipeline and determine other auxiliary materials and items.
- Turn off the air compressor power supply first during the test.
- Close the compressed air line exhaust valve.
- Open the lower exhaust valve of the storage cylinder. And evacuate the gas in the cylinder to lower the air pressure to normal pressure.
- Install the orifice plate flow meter on the pipeline.
- Do the wiring work before the power quality analyzer test.
- Orifice plate flowmeter Install the pressure gauge and reset all valves.
- Start the air compressor, manually set the exhaust pressure to the rated working pressure of the air compressor. And keep the pressure stable for 5~8 minutes or more to facilitate accurate measurement efficiency.
- Adjust the orifice group flow meter valve to a flow rate value.
- Record the temperature, pressure, motor power, power factor and orifice group CFM values before the compressed air outlet (see table below).
- Repeat steps 10 through 11 multiple times, where common pressure values must be tested.
- Shut down, turn off the air compressor power supply, and remove the precision power quality analyzer.
- Reduce the air pressure gauge to 0kg/cm2G, and then remove the orifice group flowmeter.